"The Hopeless Dog"

 

Growing up , I've become really attached to animals especially the "Man's Best friend"-Dogs and I'm proud to say that I'm an Cynophile.

I've been taking care 11 dogs in total some are still a puppy, I don't know but dogs really makes me happy, they bring joy and love. 








That's why I don't understand why many people mistreated and abandoned them.


Last January 8, 2021 I went down on the vacant lot were our dogs and neighbors dog  are stayed.

There was one Dog who caught my eye because her head was bloated and it's really swollen,We immediately look what was happened to her and that's when we saw a nylon collar that had been wrapped tightly around her neck and I think it's been a couple of days to weeks. Her neck was really in a bad shape, the tight collar cut her skin to the point that her bones can see.

We immediately removed the collar from his neck and start disinfect the wounds and apply first aid and wrapped it with a clean clothes.


Then after 2 days, This what it looks like, it's much better than the day we saw it.

 The muscles already covered the bones and start healing it.




And Everyday we checked her to clean  her wounds and change the bandage.




I know it's not the proper way. We admit, we don't have enough medicine kit, the bandage that I wrapped was not totally a bandage but I secure that it's a clean clothe to avoid the infection,And I  don't have enough money to bring her in vet clinic. But I really do my best to help her to atleast ease the pain. At the same time I'm really happy I could help her and there's nothing more satisfying than seeing her tail wagging again.

I think animal abuse is a much bigger problem than people care to admit and I think an even more serious problem is that most people don't even realize they might be mistreating an animal or not giving it the respect and autonomy it deserves.



Comments